Sunday, October 28, 2012

Tree 310 Kflop replacement - introduction

Well, I finally bought a Kflop to retrofit my Tree 310 CNC machine.

It currently has a Dynapath Delta 10 CNC control. The current controls operate correctly but, they're circa 1991. The biggest issue with that is the limitations on memory. I can input about 2000 lines of Gcode into the unit...total. So, I always clear the memory and then load a program. But, even with that, I can't do anything more than simple moves. This is a huge limitation when using Cam software to create letters or curves. The curve is separated into an uncountable amount of tiny curves and takes up a ton of lines of code.

I've gotten to the point of powering up the unit and attaching it to my spindle. It works flawlessly!! I'll submit some pictures of the initial setup later.


No comments:

Post a Comment